Osteopathy is a system of physical therapy that lays emphasis on any imbalances or restrictions in function of the bones, joints, muscles and ligaments, collectively known as the musculoskeletal system. When the musculoskeletal system is working correctly, there should be no pain or restricted movement in its tissues.
This is also true for animals. Their bodies work in a similar way to ours, and they too can suffer with back, joint, muscle and ligament problems that benefit from treatment using our gentle techniques.
Georgina has always had a keen interest in how osteopathy can help the well being and performance of our equine friends and has developed her techniques over several years of continuous training to treat horses, as well as their riders.
The ability to work with both horse and rider allows us to work closely with their individual biomechanics and correct imbalances, creating harmony between the partnership and improving performance. Osteopathy has proven particularly helpful for improving the following:-
• Reduced performance both competitively and at home
• Gait problems such as tracking-up/short striding problems
• Stiffness in different areas of the body or “cold backed” symptoms
• Reluctance to work on certain reins or transition problems
• Problems with head carriage
• Changes in behaviour: bucking, rearing, kicking and bolting
• Objections to being tacked up
• Maintaining mobility
• Aiding uneven muscle bulk and imbalances
• Aiding rehabilitation after injury or specific diagnosed conditions
For further information, please contact us directly where we would be happy to discuss your individual needs.